Lagos state ministry of health projects
Primary Health Care
The achievements at this level of service delivery are for the revitalization of primary health care. The following were achieved:
- In collaboration with the African Development Bank, Igbonla PHC and the Community Health Training Institute, Agbowa were renovated
- Procurement of equipment for Orile Iganmu Primary Health Clinic and ten other mini- health clinics in partnership with the Ministry of Rural Development.
Secondary Health Care
The objective of scaling up the infrastructure in public secondary health facilities was essentially to decongest the tertiary health facility by providing quality services at this level of care:
- Construction and equipping of four storey 100 Bed Maternal and Child Health Complexes at Ajeromi, Ikorodu, Isolo and Ifako-Ijaiye General Hospitals and Gbaja, Surulere.
- Construction and equipping of four storey 110 Bed Maternal and Child Health Complex at Amuwo Odofin, Alimosho and Lekki.
- Construction and equipping of 20 bed Highway Accident and Emergency Centre at the Toll gate, Lagos Ibadan Expressway.
- Construction of a new staff clinic for the Secretariat at Alausa-Ikeja.
- Construction of a three storey 80 bed integrated trauma and burns centre at the LASUTH Annex, Gbagada.
- Construction of three floor building at Harvey Road Health Centre
- Construction of a new School of Nursing in Alimosho
- Rehabilitation of ten X-ray sites – Ikorodu, Ifako Ijaiye, Lagos, Somolu, Surulere, Badagry, Mushin, Alimosho, Isolo General Hospitals and Massey Street Children’s Hospital
- Supply and installation of ophthalmic, theatre, endoscopy, sluice room equipment and accessories
- Procurement of critical paediatric, dental, laboratory, physiotherapy, ENT, obstetric and basic equipment for the secondary health facilities.
- Procurement of six anaesthetic machines
- Procurement of generating sets for eleven General Hospitals
- Supply and installation of PABX system in 6 hospitals.
- Procurement of blood banks for 3 hospitals
- Installation of bed lifts at Lagos Island Maternity Hospital
Tertiary Health Care
Transforming LASUTH and LASUCOM to centres of excellence with respect to statutory functions of research, training and clinical service are of primary concern to the State. To this end the following have been undertaken:
- A sizeable parcel of the premises of Gbagada General Hospital was designated as LASUTH’s Annex to allow for expansion and development
- Completion and commissioning of the construction and equipping of the Bola Tinubu Health and Diagnostic and Bola Tinubu Paediatric Complexes
- Award of contracts for the following projects:
- Construction of three storey cardiac and renal centre at the LASUTH Annex, Gbagada.
- Supply, installation and commissioning of hospital equipment and furniture for the three storey cardiac and renal centre at the LASUTH Annex, Gbagada
- Construction of combined clinics and wards at the LASUTH Annex, Gbagada.
- Construction of three storey student hostel block at LASUCOM.
- Construction of Faculty of Clinical Sciences office block at LASUCOM
- Supply of four anaesthetic machines and two Datex anaesthetic gas monitors.
- Purchase of equipment for Critical Care Unit and Ayinke House
- Procurement of 1,000 KVA generator for LASUTH.
- Procurement of one 500KVA generator for Ayinke House, LASUTH
- Procurement of ultrasound machine for Ayinke House, LASUTH
- Procurement of neurosurgery equipment
- Health Management Information system- computerization of hospital medical records and operational procedures under the e Health project